Thursday, February 27, 2014

it's been awhile




Ok… So it has been a very long time.  This was meant to be my journal for running, and I have been terrible at it.

I did the Dopey.  I even managed a PR for my marathon - by over 1 minute, which I was so happy about, considering I had run 3 races up until that race.

I ran the Glass Slipper Challenge over the last weekend.  It was amazing, fun, and hot!  I ran the 10k in just over 57 minutes, which I was happy with knowing I had the half marathon the next day.  I ran the half in 2:05:xx.  Another PR.  I really wanted to go sub 2hrs, however the pacer for that was in the corral ahead of me, and I had to run it on my own.  I did stop for some pictures, so it made it a really fun race.

The next race on the cards will be the Dumbo Double Dare at Disneyland California.  Another 10k/Half combo.  After that I think I am done with these double races, I really want to put in my all for a race.  I am also going to try and do some other small local races, a few 5ks and hopefully 10ks.

So, my running goal for this year is to run consistently.  I want to get faster!  The way to do this is to be consistent.  I'm also going to try and have a purpose for every run, so I don't just go out there and not know what I am doing.

We will see how everything goes.  I got a new job, which means I will be traveling, working 14+ hour days, so we will see if I have time to fit in runs.  I figure if I can jump on a treadmill for 20-30 mins I can keep going with my plan.


No comments:

Post a Comment