Tuesday, July 2, 2013

new diary

I saw a great picture online of someone's workout journal. So, I thought I would copy and make my own. I love the fact that I decided this and the US has diaries that start in the middle of the year.

I did a beginners tempo run this evening. I read about it this morning on runnersworld.com:
4 Weeks Beginners Tempo
Week 1: 5 x 3 min @ tempo pace; 90 sec easy jog.
Week 2: 5 x 4 min @ tempo pace; 60 sec easy jog.
Week 3: 4 x 5 min @ tempo pace; 90 sec easy jog.
Week 4: 20 min steady tempo.

Today I was aiming for about a 8:20-8:40min/mile for my tempo pace.  I had no idea what I should have aimed for.  I ended up around a 7:50min/mile.  Probably a little fast, but hey, maybe I can call it an interval run!  

Total run: 3.5 miles in 31 minutes



No comments:

Post a Comment